Petition Presented to ParliamentFebruary 17th, 2012 at 13:45
On Wednesday 15th February 2012 Friends of the GreenWay joined local Mayors and MPs representing the whole of the GreenWay catchment to present our petition to Save The GreenWay to the NSW Parliament. Watch the event video here.
Supporters of the GreenWay came from all across Sydney, representing many communities and voluntary groups – another demonstration of the way the GreenWay is already connecting people across Sydney.
Thank you to everyone who signed the petition, and a special thanks to those volunteers who went to dozens of local events over the past months collecting signatures. The GreenWay is a true grassroots project!
Along with the many other supporters of the GreenWay were:
- Carmel Tebbutt, MP for Marrickville
- Jamie Parker, MP for Balmain
- Linda Burney, MP for Canterbury
- Charles Casuscelli, MP for Strathfield
- Rochelle Porteous, Mayor of Leichhardt
- Lyall Kennedy, Mayor of Ashfield
- Morris Hanna, Mayor of Marrickville
- Brian Robson, Mayor of Canterbury
Our local MPs will now present the petition to Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian, and the petition will be debated by Parliament on 31 May 2012.